BlueBell Computer is a set of 10 books for students up to grade eight. The basic aim of the books in this series is to introduce core concepts of computer science comprehensively and progressively. The salient features of the books are as follows:
- The books convey up-to-date information about computer facts, programs and computer theory.
- Instructions are provided step by step for performing any task. The books inform the student of all the changes that take place after following each step.
- The language of the text is easy-to-understand.Unnecessary technical terms have been avoided, but the students have been familiarized with core and necessary terms.
- A variety of self-assessment activities is at the end of each unit. By completing these activities, students are able to assess their learning of the content of the unit.Lab activities at the end of each unit let students test themselves and produce something productive or useful by utilizing the skills they have gained.
- Notes for the teacher are given at the end of each unit. These notes have tips on how to teach the unit effectively and get the most out of it.
- The books are a practical guide towards working in Windows XP environment.
- All the books train in different useful applications like typing tutor, MS Paint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Windows Media Player, etc.
- Screenshots of applications are frequently given.They are a great source of visual learning.
- Students can understand computers in theory and practice.
- The books provide guidance towards using computers practically.
- The books are based on the National Curriculum 2006.We hope that both teachers and students will find these books effective tools for learning.